Thursday, October 23, 2008

Mt. Lakes

I cant believe Mt. Lakes still has its charm, warmth, and fun. Even the cabins smell the same as when I and my children used to go up.
Every summer it was something we all looked forward to. I had forgotten what it was like.

My friend Peggy and I were suppose to go caving at Mammoth Cave in Ky. But plans got changed as they do in life so we went to Mt. Lakes. I am so glad I have kept it and I know I will be going back soon. You would not believe how busy it was even on a Monday. With ppl walking the streets in Helen and some with their pets, and yes I mean pets. This time I didnt worry about money, I hate what I wanted and I can not tell you how great it felt. For the first time in my life I ate like I was skinny minnie, and had money in my mattress, LOL, and it felt wonderful. No joke I ate more in three days than I normally eat in a wk. And I dont regret one penny that I spent.

The view is still amazing up at the club house, and the indoor pool and hot tub were so inviting.

Yes, I took a TV and that too was fun in it self, and yes it played me to sleep both nights. I slept in the living room on the footon. Now if i could get internet there now that would be awesome. They do have a few hot spots, just got to know where they are.

Well, thats all on this adventure, hope you enjoyed the news

No comments: